A USB hub is a device used to expand the number of USB interfaces on a computer. It can divide a USB interface into multiple ones, making it convenient for users to connect multiple USB devices at the same time.
To connect a USB hub to your computer, follow these steps:
1. First make sure you have a free USB port available. Modern computers are usually equipped with multiple USB interfaces, located behind or on the side of the main chassis.
2. Plug the USB hub into one of the free USB ports. Note, before plugging in, check if there are any adaptation issues between the hub and the computer (such as different types of ports).
3. Once the hub is plugged into the computer, the system will automatically recognize and install the required drivers. This may take a few seconds or minutes to complete.
4. After the installation is complete, you can start connecting other external devices through the hub. Simply plug each device's data cable into the corresponding port provided by the hub.
5. If you want to disconnect a device that is connected to the hub, please carefully unplug the data cable corresponding to the device and follow the steps you should take when unplugging a hardware device correctly (usually selecting "Safe" in the operating system Remove Hardware" option).