By PURPLELEC | 31 October 2023 | 0 Comments
What are the characteristics of embedded storage systems?
Embedded storage systems consist of hardware and software. It is a device that can operate independently. Its software content only includes the software running environment and its operating system. Hardware content includes signal processors, memories, communication modules, etc.
Compared with general-purpose storage systems, embedded storage systems have the following characteristics:
1. Embedded storage systems are usually application-specific. The biggest difference between embedded CPUs and general-purpose CPUs is that most embedded CPUs work in systems designed for specific user groups. They usually have the characteristics of low power consumption, small size, and high integration. They can integrate many of the general-purpose CPUs with boards. The completed tasks are integrated inside the chip, which facilitates the miniaturization of embedded system design, greatly enhances mobility, and becomes increasingly tightly coupled with the network.
2. Embedded storage system is the product of combining advanced computer technology, semiconductor technology and electronic technology with specific applications in various industries. This determines that it must be a technology-intensive, capital-intensive, highly decentralized, and constantly innovative knowledge integration system.
3. Both the hardware and software of the embedded storage system must be designed efficiently, tailor-made, remove redundancy, and strive to achieve higher performance on the same silicon chip area, so that the choice of processor can be more effective in specific applications. Competitiveness
4. The embedded storage system is organically combined with specific applications, and its upgrades are also carried out simultaneously with specific products. Therefore, once embedded system products enter the market, they have a long life cycle.
5. In order to improve the execution speed and system reliability, the software in the embedded storage system is generally solidified in the memory chip or the microcontroller itself, rather than being stored in a carrier such as a disk.
6. The embedded storage system itself does not have the ability to bootstrap development. Even after the design is completed, users usually cannot modify the program functions. A set of development tools and environment must be available for development.
Leave a Reply
Your email address will not be published.Required fields are marked. *