By PURPLELEC | 31 October 2023 | 0 Comments
The characteristics of BGA SSD
SSDs packaged with BGA technology can increase the capacity of the SSD by two to three times without changing the size. Compared with TSOP SSD, BGA SSD has a smaller size, better heat dissipation performance and electrical performance. BGA packaging technology has greatly improved the storage capacity per square inch of SSD. With the same capacity, the volume of BGA SSD products is only one-third that of TSOP packaging. In addition, compared with the traditional TSOP packaging method, BGA packaging method There are faster and more effective ways to dissipate heat.
The I/O terminals of BGA SSD are distributed under the package in the form of circular or columnar solder joints in an array. The advantage of BGA technology is that although the number of I/O pins has increased, the pin spacing has not decreased but increased, thus The assembly yield is improved; although its power consumption increases, BGA can be welded with a controlled collapse chip method, which can improve its electrothermal performance; the thickness and weight are reduced compared with previous packaging technologies; parasitic parameters (large current When the amplitude changes, the output voltage disturbance is reduced, the signal transmission delay is small, and the frequency of use is greatly increased; coplanar welding can be used for assembly, and reliability is high.
The characteristics of BGA SSD are:
1. Although the number of I/O pins has increased, the pin spacing is much larger than that of QFP, thus improving the assembly yield;
2. Although its power consumption increases, BGA can be welded using the controlled collapse chip method, referred to as C4 welding, which can improve its electrothermal performance;
3. The thickness is reduced by more than 1/2 and the weight is reduced by more than 3/4 than QFP;
4. The parasitic parameters are reduced, the signal transmission delay is small, and the frequency of use is greatly increased;
5. Co-planar welding can be used for assembly, with high reliability;
6. BGA packaging is still the same as QFP and PGA, occupying too large a substrate area;
What are the characteristics of embedded storage systems? What are the commonly used embedded memories?
Leave a Reply
Your email address will not be published.Required fields are marked. *