The Thunderbolt 3 graphics card expansion dock can provide additional graphics processor expansion for laptops or Mini hosts that cannot design high-performance graphics processing devices due to space constraints. It also supports Thunderbolt 3, which can simplify cable connections.
How to use the Thunderbolt 3 graphics card expansion dock is as follows:
1. Install the graphics card into the graphics card expansion dock and connect the PCIe power supply plug to the graphics card;
2. Connect the graphics card expansion dock to the included power adapter, and insert the plug into the socket to provide power to the graphics card expansion dock;
3. Use the included Thunderbolt 3 CtoC cable to connect the graphics card expansion dock to the laptop (Thunderbolt port) and press the power button;
4. When the notebook is turned on, you can see the graphics card fan in the graphics card expansion dock rotating, indicating that the graphics card expansion dock has started to work;
5. After entering the operating system, check whether the thunderbolt driver has been installed through the device manager (if not, please go to the corresponding product support page on the official website to download the thunderbolt driver and install it);
6. Use the "Thunder Control Center" to check the device connection status. After the connection is successful, "XGSTATIONPRO" will be correctly identified and the Thunderbolt driver version will be displayed;
7. At this point, the Thunderbolt 3 graphics card expansion dock is connected to the notebook and can be used normally.
Note: Although some devices only provide one Thunderbolt port, the system shows that there are two ports. This is because the main control chip of the Thunderbolt controller actually supports two ports, but some devices are limited to only one port.
Thunderbolt 3 graphics card expansion dock speed test:
Use a laptop with a Thunderbolt interface to connect to the graphics card docking station, and use the GPGPU test function of AIDA64 (6.50.5800) to test the memory reading speed. The test results are as follows: