By PURPLELEC | 25 January 2024 | 0 Comments
How to install the expansion network card
The expansion network card, also known as the network card expansion board, is a device specially used to expand the network card interface of the computer. The installation of an expanded network card can greatly improve the computer's network connection speed and transmission quality. Here are the steps to install an expanded network card:
1. Preparation: Make sure the computer is turned off and disconnected from the power supply, remove the computer case, and find a free PCI-E interface. Most expansion network cards have PCI-E interfaces, and some have PCI interfaces. For different network cards, you need to select the corresponding interface for installation.
2. Insert the network card: Find the PCIE slot and insert the expansion network card. When inserting, pay attention to the insertion direction and ensure that the card and the slot match. Use even force when inserting. Do not insert forcefully to avoid damaging the interface.
3. Fix the network card: After installing the network card, you need to use screws to fasten the network card. A general network card needs to be fixed with two screws.
4. Connect the power supply: Insert the power cord into the power jack of the expansion network card, connect the power required by the network card, and ensure that the expansion network card can work normally.
5. Install the driver: After completing the hardware installation, you need to install the corresponding driver. Usually the expansion network card will come with a driver CD, and users only need to follow the prompts to install the driver in one step. You can also download the driver from the manufacturer's official website and install it manually.
1. Before installing the network card, make sure the computer's power is turned off and the power cord is disconnected. to avoid any risk of electric shock.
2. When disassembling the chassis, be careful not to damage the internal components of the chassis to avoid short circuits and damage to hardware.
3. When installing a wireless network card, you need to run the wireless configuration wizard first to wirelessly connect the computer to the required wireless network. At the same time, you need to determine whether the wireless network card is recognized in the software.
4. When installing the driver, you need to pay attention to the corresponding relationship between the operating system, driver version and network card model. Choosing the wrong driver may cause the network card to not work properly.
Belkin Thunderbolt 3 Plus Dock unlocks the potential of your computer Elgato will launch HDMI 2.1 capture card, supporting 8K60 loop-out
Leave a Reply
Your email address will not be published.Required fields are marked. *