Let Technology And Passion Collide To Generate More Inspiration. For questions about the blog, please contact the administrators or leave a message.
By PURPLELEC | 28 February 2024 | 0 Comments

The difference between USB4 and USB3.2

Intel announced that Thunderbolt 3 (Thunderbolt 3) using the PCIE channel is open for free licensing and has changed the interface form of Thunderbolt 3 to USB-C (Type-C). Recently, USF-IF officially announced USB 4, which integrates Thunderbolt 3 features and can reach speeds of 40Gb/s.
USB 4 USB3.2
The difference between USB4 and USB3.2
1. Transmission speed: USB4 absorbs the Thunderbolt 3 protocol, and the speed is 2 times faster than the USB3.2 Gen2X2 protocol, reaching 40Gb/s.
2. It has dynamic bandwidth resource allocation capabilities. For example, only 20% of the bandwidth is needed to transmit 1080P video data, then the remaining 80% of the bandwidth can be used for other purposes;
3. Interface specifications: The USB4 interface is compatible with USB3.2 and Thunderbolt 3 interfaces, and both use typec interfaces;
4. Charging capacity: USB4 is better than USB3.1 in terms of charging, and can reach 100W high-power charging.
5. Price: There are currently relatively few chips that support USB4. Compared with TYPEC USB3.1, which has been recognized and popularized by the market, the price of USB4 is still on the high side.
6. USB4 chip: Currently there are few chip manufacturers that can meet the specifications, only American Cypress (Cypress), Synopsys DesignWare, and Taiwan Yuqun Technology (eEver)

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.Required fields are marked. *
Verification code