By PURPLELEC | 25 September 2023 | 0 Comments
How to install memory sticks in laptops
How to install laptop memory stick
1. Prepare screwdrivers, screw boxes, warps and other maintenance tools.
2. Check the memory module model and frequency of your laptop, and select a compatible memory module and supported memory size.
3. Discharge static electricity from your body before disassembling the machine to avoid damaging the notebook circuit.
4. Understand in detail how many screws your notebook has and where the buckles are.
5. If it is an ordinary business notebook, remove the notebook battery first. If it is an ultrabook, remove the back cover first and then remove the battery. Of course, some notebooks will directly reserve the upgrade quick backplane for memory modules and hard disks, which can be directly removed and installed, which is very convenient. However, most notebooks do not have such a function.
6. After removing the battery, then remove the screws on the back cover of the laptop in sequence. Remember to put it in a small box, otherwise it will be easily lost.
7. The screws of some notebooks are hidden in the pads at the four corners of the notebook. You need to remove the pads first and then remove the screwdriver. Never dismantle the phone violently, otherwise the consequences will be disastrous.
8. After removing the screwdriver, use the warp blade to scratch along the edge of the notebook, so that the hidden buckle of the notebook will be opened, and the back panel of the notebook can be removed smoothly.
9. After removing the back panel, you can directly see the memory module socket. When you install the memory module and hear a click sound, it is installed. Then install the back panel and battery back in sequence.
10. Turn on the computer and check whether the memory upgrade is successful. If automatic restart occurs, the memory module is incompatible and you can replace it with a compatible one.
How to install a desktop memory module
1. Turn off the computer and unplug the power cord.
2. Prepare screwdrivers, screw boxes and other tools.
3. Remove the baffle of the computer host and put away the screws.
4. Find the location where the memory module is inserted on the motherboard, and choose not to be close to the slot where the memory module is already installed.
5. Align the gold finger of the memory module with the slot. When you hear a "click", the installation is complete.
6. Press the bezel back up and turn on the phone.
7. If you find that the computer cannot be turned on or has a blue screen, you can try changing the memory slot. If it doesn't work, it is probably a compatibility issue. It is recommended to replace the memory module with a suitable one.
Leave a Reply
Your email address will not be published.Required fields are marked. *